Imagine that you’re about to put your home on the market. You’d likely be wondering, “How can I sell my house fast?”
With the housing market constantly changing, many home sellers want to sell fast to cut down on stress, and so they can get into their next home quickly. Here are some of our best tips on how to sell your house fast.
- Clean, Declutter, and Stage
Whether a homebuyer is looking at your listing online or attends an in-person walk-through, their first impression will be based on how much space there is. Homebuyers might think a house looks small with any excess clutter and large furniture. Consider the following when you’re about to list your home:
- Experienced home sellers will always suggest doing a thorough deep clean. Clean your cabinets, carpets, baseboards, and everything in between.
- Many sellers will rent a storage unit and store any bulky furniture and unnecessary items. According to Zillow, “Buyers are looking for storage space, so they’re definitely going to peek in closets, storage areas, and pantries. Don’t cram extra belongings into closets — leave enough open space to give the impression that the home has plenty of storage.”
- Staging your home can help homebuyers imagine themselves living in that space. Whether you hire a staging company or you DIY it, it’s well worth the money and time investment.
- Strategically Post Your Listing
If you’re looking to sell your home without the help of an agent, you might think, “If I need to sell my house fast, where do I list it for sale?” There are plenty for sale by owner sites that you can utilize, like Zillow and Trulia. Do your research to find which website is more prevalent in your area. It can also help to read other people’s reviews of selling their home’s through these websites. Another option is to reach out to a local agent and pay a flat fee for them to upload your home listing to a local multiple listing service (MLS).
- Be Flexible
Homebuyers gravitate towards sellers that are willing to be flexible in all aspects of the sale. If you’re flexible with showing times and closing dates, your buyer will be more likely to make an offer on your home if you’re willing to cater to their time requirements. Accommodating a buyers’ schedule can be a deal-breaker in many cases and can even give you some negotiating power.
The Fastest Way to Sell a House
If you’re in a pinch and need to sell your house quickly, consider selling your home for cash to an investment buyer. Many investment buyers are willing to buy houses as-is in a matter of weeks or even days. There’s no need to stage with a cash buyer, create a listing, or set up a showing date. Investment and cash buyers likely have the money in hand and are flexible on closing dates as you see fit. If you’re motivated to sell your house quickly, this is the way to go.
Sell Your Home to Bob Buys Houses
If you’re asking yourself, “how do I sell my house fast?” reach out to Bob Buys Houses. We buy homes in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a full-cash offer. We’re flexible, too; with our easy process, you get to choose the closing date, and we’ll even pay additional fees and costs. Contact us today to get a fair cash offer on your house!